Thursday, February 15, 2007

For a True Gentleman

NIKKI

Well, if the original mission was to have someone on Valentine's Day then I have something akin to a C. I spent a portion of the day with a man and there was some nice affection given as well as a sweet if slightly half hearted "Happy Valentine's Day" greeting.

There was also a reminder that my dad really knows how to treat a lady. Late afternoon yesterday (you'll understand if you live in NYC why it wasn't morning), I received a dozen roses in a candy striped vase. Tucked amongst the red and white blooms was this note: "From Your Very First Admirer, Love Dad." My closest friends have loved my father for years. They are women who either don't know their dads or aren't very close to him. They love the long winded stories at which I secretly roll my eyes. They don't know about his tendency to hear without listening or that he's not the neatest guy or the most patient, but the man certainly has his shining moments.

If every girl is secretly or overtly (Gina I mean you) looking for her father, then I think when I find the right guy for me (or if the right guy should ever act right) he'll be great. He'll have a way with words that reveal an amazing heart.

So to my very first admirer, the feeling is mutual Daddy.

2 comments:

moonrat said...

I hope whoever I marry will buy flowers for our daughter.

Bluenana said...

I love this post and I love knowing that HB will always buy flowers and candy for Isabella, our future daughter.